Electronica enthusiasts got excited about this earlier this week: The Do Lab’s annual Lightning in a Bottle festival is returning to Oak Canyon Ranch, in Silverado near Irvine Lake, for another Memorial Day weekend of dance and ambient music, yoga, meditation and more, May 24-28.
Santa Cruz’s Bassnectar headlines a roster that includes L.A. outfit the Glitch Mob, U.K. psybient star Shpongle, German artist Apparat, productions from the modern vaudeville troupe the Lucent Dossier Experience, plus electro-underground like Tipper, Eoto, Bluetech, Big Gigantic, Random Rab and MC Gramatik and more.
Getting the most out of the festival requires purchase of a full-weekend pass, $215 in advance, $240 at the door. Two-day passes (entering the grounds May 27 at noon) cost $165 in advance, $20 more on site, while single-day tickets (entering May 28 at 10 a.m.) run $85 now, $100 day of show.
Also, kids 12 and under are free, while those age 13-16 are $100 at the door only. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Click here for more info.
Buy sooner than later — last year sold out. This year’s RV and car camping passes are already gone, too.
Photos by Dan Krauss, the Orange County Register.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Review: Game goes late at the Observatory
- Slideshow: WonderCon draws fans, artists, stars to OC
- Slideshow: St. Patrick’s Day madness
- Slideshow: Echo Echo returns to Detroit Bar
- New Batman arena show coming to O.C. and L.A.
- Video: The Get Down Boys and Ted Z and the Wrangler’s at King’s Inn
- Review: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros inspire happy free-for-all at the Observatory
- Slideshow: Jeramiah Red, Davis Fetter and more at the Copper Door.
- Orange Pop: Blank Tapes’ Matt Adams comes home
- Slideshow: Micah Brown’s Constellation Room residency heats up
- Slideshow: DJ Who with Paulo da Rosa and DJ Bizzy at Silk