March 26th, 2012, 5:18 pm · · posted by GUEST
South Padre Island in Texas is hot.
Panama City in Florida is fun central.
But not everyone can get out of town for spring break. A lot of people have to stay close to home, but that doesn’t mean they can’t celebrate spring break.
With spring break going on right now, or about to start, we thought we’d revisit some Orange County nightspots that cater to a college-age crowd.
Feel free to use this as a guide to enjoy all the benefits of spring break without the hassle of travel, the expense of motel rooms and the inconvenience of drug cartel wars, mass arrests and regrets.
Well, you can have regrets right here in Orange County, along with the spring break fun. There are plenty of colleges in the area, and even more places to escape the horrors of college life.
Article and photos by Barry Koltnow, the Orange County Register.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Slideshow: 25 years and there’s still No Doubt
- Review: Half Past Two fans go wild at the Spring Break Ska Social in Anaheim
- Review: Orgy spirited but rusty on tour closer at Observatory
- Video: Mayday Mayday at King’s Inn at Memphis Cafe
- Music News: Kiss & Motley Crue tour invades Irvine in August
- Orange Pop: Midnight Hour goes slow and steady
- Interview: Seven years later, a new Orgy returns to O.C.
- Music News: Jack White to play two shows at the Wiltern
- Slideshow: Half a century of Bob Dylan
- Review: Game goes late at the Observatory
- Slideshow: WonderCon draws fans, artists, stars to OC