March 5th, 2012, 5:35 pm · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Pechanga held it’s 4th Annual Wine Festival and Chocolate Decadence on March 2-3 in Temecula.
In addition to once again offering nearly one hundred of the best California and international wines at Southern California Wine Country’s largest wine festival, rock legends were on hand to enjoy the weekends events. Bobby Blotzer of Ratt was there with his signature wine. Rock legend Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats as well as Erik Turner of Warrant‘s acoustic band, Sunset Stripped, played acoustic sets.
The two-day extravaganza began with the dessert, wine and music celebration Chocolate Decadence on Friday night, March 2nd inside the Pechanga Ballroom. On Saturday, March 3rd the Pechanga Wine Festival kicked into gear, with hundreds of varietals poured, along with great food pairings and rock stars playing acoustic sets.
The 4th Annual Pechanga Wine Festival finished on Saturday with more than 100 wineries from across the nation, as well as international vintners from France, Italy, Australia and Spain, pouring their most acclaimed varietals. Notable additions were Cakebread, Chalk Hill and Swanson.
Pechanga’s award-winning chefs paired the wines with selections from their menus, including The Great Oak Steakhouse, Paisano’s, Blazing Noodles, Seafood Grotto, Bamboo, Kelsey’s and Journey’s End. Attendees were able to learn chef secrets during the live culinary demonstrations during the weekend.
Pechanga’s Vice President of Food & Beverage, Dennis Khanh, says, “Hosting Temecula Valley’s largest wine festival is certainly a challenge every year to top the last, but it is very rewarding to develop relationships with the world’s best vintners.”
By Mellissa Jewel, Pechanga.com.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Micah Brown hosts March Monday residency at the Constellation Room
- Review: Alkaline Trio, Against Me! finish off Musink Festival with rousing sets
- Video: Drop the Lime at King’s Inn at Memphis Cafe in Costa Mesa
- AfterWork: Incahoots in Fullerton
- Review: Musink fans get crazy for Yellowcard, New Found Glory
- Review: Cypress Hill Smokeout in San Bernardino
- O.C.’s Aquabats go from stage to screen
- Music News: 2012 OC Music Awards winners
- Slideshow: Musink 2012 tattoo portraits
- Review: Tiger Army roars at Musink kickoff
- Review: 311 packs a punch in Anaheim