February 27th, 2012, 5:24 pm · · posted by BEN WENER, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
How it is that LMFAO has risen to Staples Center headliner status so rapidly isn’t entirely hard to understand. When your latest assortment of gleefully vapid dance smashes boasts two chart-toppers, “Party Rock Anthem” and “Sexy and I Know It,” plus you’ve been spotted alongside Madonna during her Super Bowl halftime spectacular, well, you’ve earned an arena-sized blowout as much as the next pop tart.
Not that it’s any less a sign that maybe the Mayans were right about 2012.
In any case, the homecoming celebration is sure to be massive when the L.A. duo of Redfoo and SkyBlu bring their Sorry for Party Rocking Tour to Staples on June 5.
They’ll be supported by their own Party Rock Crew, along with a slew of opening acts, including breakout electro-pop act Far East Movement and dance team the Quest Crew (Season 3 champs of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew) as well as DJ Sidney Samson and two newcomers, Eva Simons and Natalia Kills.
Tickets, $29.50-$69.50, go on sale Saturday, March 3, at 10 a.m. Pre-sales for American Express card-holders runs from Wednesday at 10 a.m. until Friday at 10 p.m. Live Nation pre-sales start Thursday at 10 a.m.
The full outing kicks off May 22 in Columbus, Ohio. Also catch it June 9 at Valley View Casino Center (formerly San Diego Sports Arena) as well as June 6 at Sacramento’s Power Balance Pavilion and June 8 at Oakland’s Oracle Arena. All of those dates also are on sale Saturday.
Photo by Rob Carr, Getty Images.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Slideshow: O.C. Roots & Hops Reggae Fest at House of Blues Anaheim
- Review: Trace Cyrus debuts Ashland High at Chain Reaction
- Interview: Kathleen Madigan brings new act to O.C. Friday night
- Contest: Win two 3-day VIP passes to Musink
- Slideshow: Allensworth wins OC Music Awards acoustic showcase finale
- Music News: Avenged Sevenfold guitarists debut custom Schecter guitars
- Orange Pop: Bleeding Through stays the course
- Music News: Thrice embarking on spring farewell tour
- Slideshow: Miss Musink heats up in Fullerton
- Nightlife: 10 best O.C. margaritas
- Review: The Darkness rocks hard at L.A. return
- Video: Behind the scenes with Echo Echo and Alex Mercier