February 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates (pictured) of Avenged Sevenfold teamed up with Schecter Guitar Research to create custom designed artist model guitars. Vengeance created a sleek, satin black “6661” guitar decked out with custom distressed hardware and his signature switchblade “V” logo.
The company also reissued the guitarist’s original Zacky Vengeance custom guitar in see-thru cherry.
Gates debuts the Synyster Gates Custom-S, which comes loaded with his self-proclaimed “secret weapon,” the Sustainiac System. This black with silver pin stripes guitar (which Gates played during a show in Ontario in December) includes the official A7X skull with bat wings logo.
Gates also created an eye-catching purple and metallic green colored custom guitar which he debuted during A7X’s headlining run on the Uproar Tour last fall. That guitar also features the A7X “death bat” logo.
To purchase the guitars or to find out more information, go to schecterguitars.com.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Orange Pop: Bleeding Through stays the course
- Music News: Thrice embarking on spring farewell tour
- Slideshow: Miss Musink heats up in Fullerton
- Nightlife: 10 best O.C. margaritas
- Review: The Darkness rocks hard at L.A. return
- Video: Behind the scenes with Echo Echo and Alex Mercier
- Video: Jameson at Memphis Cafe
- Music News: Young the Giant’s ‘Cough Syrup’ to be featured on ‘Glee’
- Interview: Trace Cyrus goes solo with Ashland High
- Music News: The Bolts’ ‘Walk Away’ featured in Kate Upton commercial