February 22nd, 2012, 7:30 am · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Sullen Clothing and the Sullen Angels hosted the second evening of its annual Miss Musink model search Tuesday night at the Continental Room in downtown Fullerton. Thirteen Miss Musink hopefuls took the stage in front of a dozen judges, which included artists from local tattoo shops like Goodfellas Tattoo, members of the bands Mest and the Pricks and painter Kevin Llewellyn.
More contestants will take the stage and be voted on at the venue on Feb. 28. The final 15 tattooed models will compete for the title on March 2 at the 5th Annual Musink Tattoo Convention & Music Festival at the OC Fair & Events Center in Costa Mesa.
The three-day convention features hundreds of tattoo artists from around the globe, BMX and skate demos and performances by Tiger Army, Guanabatz and Howlers on March 2; New Found Glory, Yellowcard and Bayside on March 3; Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, Hell or Highwater and the Darlings on March 4.
Tickets are on sale now for the 5th Annual Musink Tattoo Convention & Music Festival, March 2-4. Single-day tickets are $25; 3-day passes are $50; Single day VIP passes are $75. Ticketmaster.com.
Photos by Leonard Ortiz, the Orange County Register.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Nightlife: 10 best O.C. margaritas
- Review: The Darkness rocks hard at L.A. return
- Video: Behind the scenes with Echo Echo and Alex Mercier
- Video: Jameson at Memphis Cafe
- Music News: Young the Giant’s ‘Cough Syrup’ to be featured on ‘Glee’
- Interview: Trace Cyrus goes solo with Ashland High
- Music News: The Bolts’ ‘Walk Away’ featured in Kate Upton commercial
- Slideshow: G. Love & Special Sauce at House of Blues Anaheim
- Review: Social Distortion at Fox Theater in Pomona
- Review: Hell or Highwater brings rock ‘n’ roll to the Constellation Room