February 20th, 2012, 4:13 pm · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Orange County-based folk singer-songwriter Jameson Burt – who performs simply under Jameson – is nominated in the best blues category for the 2012 OC Music Awards. Though the academy may have missed the mark in squeezing Jameson into the wrong musical category, he reveals that he doesn’t really mind in a recent interview following a performance at Memphis Cafe in Costa Mesa.
Jameson, who also plays guitar in the Santa Ana-based rock outfit Echo Echo, has been working diligently on a new album with his solo band at Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles as well as a banjo album that he’s been tinkering with in his local studio for several months. Both efforts are scheduled to be released sometime this year.
Check out the video interview with Jameson as well as clips from his performance below.
Video by David Forniss, for OrangeCounty.com.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Music News: Young the Giant’s ‘Cough Syrup’ to be featured on ‘Glee’
- Interview: Trace Cyrus goes solo with Ashland High
- Music News: The Bolts’ ‘Walk Away’ featured in Kate Upton commercial
- Slideshow: G. Love & Special Sauce at House of Blues Anaheim
- Review: Social Distortion at Fox Theater in Pomona
- Review: Hell or Highwater brings rock ‘n’ roll to the Constellation Room