February 19th, 2012, 5:31 pm · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Orange County-based rock-pop act the Bolts’ latest single “Walk Away” is featured in a new SoBe commercial which stars Kate Upton (left), the saucy 19-year-old bikini model who recently landed the cover of Sports Illustrated‘s annual Swimsuit Edition.
The quintet, comprised of bassist Addam Farmer, guitarist and vocalist Heath Farmer, keys player Austin Farmer, drummer Matt Champagne and guitarist Ryan Kilpatrick, is influenced by artists like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Queen, the Clash, the Killers, the Strokes, My Chemical Romance and Modest Mouse.
The Bolts took home the best pop award at the 2009 OC Music Awards and have been busy playing numerous residencies and gigs in and outside of Orange County since.
Check out the SoBe ad starring Kate Upton and the Bolts’ music in the video below.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Slideshow: G. Love & Special Sauce at House of Blues Anaheim
- Review: Social Distortion at Fox Theater in Pomona
- Review: Hell or Highwater brings rock ‘n’ roll to the Constellation Room
- Interview: Hindu Pirates rock the surf scene
- Slideshow: Paul Oakenfold at Sutra in Costa Mesa
- Music News: Iron Maiden returns to O.C. in August
- Music News: Revolver announces 2012 Golden Gods nominees and performers
- Orange Pop: Suedhead readies for Coachella
- Interview: G. Love & Special Sauce rev up for California gigs
- Music News: Radiohead, Chili Peppers, Phish top Bonnaroo 2012 lineup