We learned about Young the Giant‘s big homecoming show and the Happy Together Tour‘s arrival two weeks ago when the first few gigs on Pacific Amphitheatre’s roster were revealed.
But here’s a new one: Scotty McCreery, American Idol‘s first country champ since Carrie Underwood, will headline the Costa Mesa venue on July 18. Sister act the Lunabelles, whose debut presumably will be out by then, will open. Tickets, $@22.50-$52.50, are on sale Saturday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m. As with all Pacific shows, includes admission to the OC Fair.
YTG (July 22) and Happy Together (July 14) also go on sale this weekend at that time. The Steelwells will make a great opener for the former show, $20-$35. The nostalgic lineup for the latter, $17.50-$37.50, naturally includes the Turtles (featuring Flo & Eddie), Micky Dolenz of the Monkees, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, the Grass Roots and the Buckinghams.
Photo by Jemal Countess, Getty Images.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Music News: Radiohead, Chili Peppers, Phish top Bonnaroo 2012 lineup
- Live Review: Motley Crue’s Sin City residency lights up the Joint
- Live Review: Local bands come together for Sweet Relief at the Lab
- Sega Genecide throws ’90s part at La Cave
- Grammy fashion: Fierce, crazy, perfect
- AfterWork: The Tilted Kilt in Long Beach
- Grammys 2012: Jennifer Hudson, Glen Campbell and more performances