February 8th, 2012, 10:17 am · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Once again, local music fans crammed into a local venue, this week it was the Continental Room in downtown Fullerton, for the sixth OC Music Awards showcase. Mandie & Ruby, FoxxHound, Danny Maika, Parker Macy Blues and Tully James Wilkinson competed for the best live acoustic title.
The final showcase for best live band featuring Ethan Hulse, Rober Jon & the Wreck, Italian Japanese, the Devious Means and Mphase will be at the Constellation Room in Santa Ana on Tuesday, Feb. 14.
Finalists for best live acoustic and best live band will be announced on Feb. 15. The showcase series finals will be held at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano on Wednesday. Feb. 22 and Samueli Theater on Friday, Feb. 24.
The winners in each showcase will perform at the OC Music Awards at City National Grove of Anaheim on March 3.
Photos by Jenavieve Belair, for OrangeCounty.com.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Live Review: Polaris at Noon kicks off February Residency
- Live Review: Gotye lives up to hype at El Rey
- Slideshow: Old Scratch turns up the volume at La Cave in Costa Mesa
- Slideshow: Gabriel & Dresden at Sutra in Costa Mesa
- Warped Tour headed to Great Park in Irvine
- O.C.’s Author & Finisher debuts music video for its latest single
- Where’s the Band? tour comes to O.C.
- Slideshow: Miss Musink competition kicks off in Fullerton