January 19th, 2012, 4:23 pm · · posted by KELLI SKYE FADROSKI, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
All true hip-hop heads should know by now: a show billing Wu-Tang Clan rarely if ever features all members of the legendary New York-based rap collective. I’ve caught ‘em at least a dozen times, and only twice — at Rock the Bells in 2007 and 2010 — were they all present (save for Ol’ Dirty Bastard, who passed away in 2004).
So it shouldn’t have been much of a surprise when those who flocked to City National Grove of Anaheim on Wednesday for the crew’s first O.C. appearance in at least five years were informed (at the door, no less) that members Ghostface Killah and Raekwon were not in the house.
Article and photos by David Hall, for the Orange County Register.
More O.C. Nightlife:
- Slide Show: OC Music Awards gets loud in Fullerton
- Orange Pop: Jeramiah Red ups its game
- Tiger Army, New Found Glory and Alkaline Trio to headline Musink
- Slide Show: Professional Bull Riders take over Honda Center Saturday
- ShoresCrew’s Zombie Party gets wild at La Cave in Costa Mesa Friday
- Lord Huron kicks off the 2012 Off Center Festival in Costa Mesa